Friday, October 12, 2012

Every one loves free stuff...

I love the free section of Criagslist. I have managed to find some great throw-away furniture, planters, plants, and even more wool than I know what to do with. So it's there I went when my friend Jackie posted a picture of her crafting area in her house. When I went for a visit, I was so impressed that I when I got home I announced I was taking over half the living room. Kyle and I do most of our T.V. watching in the bed room and the T.V. in the front room doesn't work. So I hit craigslist for a free desk. I ended up picking up two so Kyle didn't have to use my sewing table any more for his computer. The fold down seats in the back of my Focus makes having a monthly car payment worth it. Its not as impressive as my friend's area, but its a start.







So I managed to get some canning done this week. My first time doing it with out my mother or grandmother.I was 9 the last time I canned with my grandmother, but even after so long it felt like something I have always known how to do. I started to pumpkin butter from fresh pumpkins and then read that it should be refrigerated even if canned. So I added apple cider vinegar instead of apple juice hoping that it will help. I still keep all the jars in the fridge though. I don't think I will make pumpkin butter again.
























No comments:

Post a Comment