Sunday, May 19, 2013

When I grow up I wanna be a fiber artist!





Well, I have a very good reason as to why I haven't been posting regularly. I have been spinning every day (nearly) sense I bought the thing. I love it my Ashford Traveler with the double drive. It's so easy to use. I am still learning about how to adjust tension and how much twist I should use. But with the wonders of youtube I'm figuring it out. 







I have also decided to become serious about fiber art. I know I have been playing around with many different fibers over the years, but I don't feel I am skilled enough to be able to call myself a fiber artist. So I decided to start at the beginning with all of my fiber crafts. Starting with knitting and spinning, I have modestly chosen a few scarf patterns (around 500) to choose from. I wanted a wide range of techniques to choose from. Then I'll allow myself to pan out from there. 









At the moment I am working on The Soda Fountain Scarf. I like the retro look it has in the picture. I decided to use some of the fiber i had already spun up. 100% merino wool. I had thought wool was very scratchy and had resigned myself to wonderfully warm but scratchy clothing. (Maybe I'll blog about different fiber at a later date.) Now The pattern said that you can use yarn you have with any needle size, preferably 1 size larger than the recommended label says. The red scarf to your left isn't mine...the green and pink is. Maybe it is too soon to start knit picking (har har) my work. 



Well, that's it for today! Thanks for reading. Please feel free to comment.




















No comments:

Post a Comment