Wednesday, September 26, 2012

First of Three


It's the first day of my 3 day week end. I'm really enjoying the time I can spend with my family. I Have a few finishes I want to show off and I am giving photography a try.  Kyle and I went to Tolmie State Park for about an hour. It is something I have been wanting to do for the last two weeks. But because everyone in the house was sick last week we stayed home.



Old gnarled drift wood root looks so complex




Under water treasure...














I can imagine fairy homes 










I also finished my hobo bag and I love it! I had started out with the pattern of the bag in my last post and incorporated it with a design of a bag I had made years ago. I loved that bag so much, but I can not for the life of me find the original pattern I used or even one close to it online. I remember finding the pattern in a Michaels during the time I was a carny. The bag was stolen along with the original pattern (I kept my whole life in that bag).  I think the strap is a little long and the bag itself is a little shallow, but I can fix that.










I had died some wool green at one point in time and left it in the pot a little too long. It came out a very very very dark green. So I tried combining it with white wool to maybe help lighten the darkness....well....its turning out more grey than green, but the variations in the finished product looks really nice. I think I am out growing my little spindle. I would love to get a spinning wheel in the future, but they are pricey and not a necessity. Tax time maybe? 










No comments:

Post a Comment