Monday, August 27, 2012

Wool dying

Even though I posted this morning, I had done enough today to be able to make another post. Elizabeth and I dyed some wool and worked on some hemp jewelry. Tonight Issac is on his first sleep over. My next door neighbor set up his tent to air it out and decided to let his son invite the neighborhood boys over to spend the night in it. The tent is literally 10 feet from my bedroom window allowing me to hear everything. So far lots of giggling and talking, but no snoring. 2:30 in the morning and they haven't passed out yet. Tomorrow's Dr. appointment will be a cranky one, lol.










Issac being out, gave Elizabeth and I the chance to have a mother-daughter night. We dyed wool and i taught her how to do the half square knot.









The green didn't turn out the shade I had hoped. It is a sickly color that i am not wanting to share at the moment. But I will show you the purple that was my very first wool dying project. The shade is so pretty and looks even better when I card it with white wool.


Spending time with my daughter made me realize how much she is like me and it makes me smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment