Friday, December 13, 2013

My Baby's Wing Recipe

Kyle made party wings for lunch today! I had casually asked him if he could make party wings one of these days. Well today is the day. And he said I could share his recipe with everyone! The pics look a little blurry, but this was a spur of the moment photo shoot.




Lets get started with the meat. The sauce should be made closer to the end of the cooking time of the meat so everything is hot when you finally combine everything together.

3 lbs of party wings (or chicken drumletts)

Salt
Black pepper
Onion powder
Garlic powder
Ground chipotle pepper

Combine all seasonings in a small bowl to taste.

In a large bowl, sprinkle season mix over chicken.  Toss chicken to make sure that there is an even coating.

Because it’s winter in the northern hemisphere, it can be too cold to fire up the bbq. But Kyle loves to grill and will at every opportunity. He had seared the chicken on grill for 1 to 2 min on each side and then moved to indirect heat at a temp of 350F for 30 min.

If you would rather cook them on your stove, you can sear them in a pan and bake in oven for 30 min at 350F.

A tip to making great wings is to make the sauce 10 min before the meat is done cooking. This way the sauce and the meat will marry nicely. 





For the sauce:

1/2 cup butter
1 cup your favorite hot sauce
2 tsp minced garlic

He used Crystal's Louisiana's Hot Sauce and I highly recommend it

In a small sauce pan, melt butter. Add Hot sauce and bring to boil. Turn down heat and let simmer for 10 min.

The mixture is going to be very hot so I suggest you use large spoons to mix the sauce and chicken together.  You want to evenly coat the chicken in sauce.


I hope you enjoy these wings as much as we did!



I have been spinning a lot. So I'll be adding some yarn to my store in the near future!

Don't forget that you can also find me on Twitter, Instagram, and Pintrest!





No comments:

Post a Comment