Monday, December 9, 2013

The wire wrapping bug




So my good friend Jackie inspired me to give wire wrapping a try. I started off with what ever I had in my stash. I don't remember what the wire was made of but it wasn't the easiest wire to work with .



My first attempt didn't turn out so very badly. A little sloppy but it is my first try. 
TO MICHAEL'S !!!!


I had talked myself into two packs of wire. Fortunately you really do not use as much as you think. So I am certain I won't be needing more for a while.






Elizabeth is always interested in seeing what i am working on. When I told her that i was making pendents for necklaces, she brought me a rock she had been carrying around and asked me to make one for her. She now wears it on a chain around her neck or tied to her back pack like a charm. 



Her pendent was my first attempt with the new wire. Still a little sloppy in my opinion, but a few videos on YouTube taught me how to clean it up.


My sister and her husband brought a box full of these stones that they found at the secondhand store. some of the pieces I have made recently are in my etsy store CraftyWitchCorner






No comments:

Post a Comment